It is our goal and privilege to treat our patients as we would our families. We offer high-quality, friendly service in a gentle, caring atmosphere. Whether you just need a checkup and cleaning or have a major dental need, we offer a full range of services and have a highly experienced staff at your service. From the youngest children to adults — we’re here to help!
Full service dentistry, with a small office feel
Relax while we work
You don’t have to be afraid of the dentist anymore. Whether it’s a broken tooth that needs to be fixed, missing teeth that need to be replaced, or pain that needs to be eliminated, with sedation dentistry you can have the beautiful smile you always wanted, pain free.
If you would like to know more about sedation dentistry and how it works, please watch the video below.
Full service for your whole family
At Perna Dental, we pride ourselves on being able to take care of the dental needs for your entire family with pain free dentistry.
Common dental services we are asked about and perform include:
- Sedation Dentistry: Experience a relaxed, easy state where dentistry can be accomplished in just a few visits, in the most comfortable way possible.
- Dental Implants: Metal posts that are surgically placed beneath your gums, to replace a missing tooth/teeth. After placement, the implants fuse to the bone and act as an artificial tooth root. Replacement teeth are built on top and can be part of a single tooth or a bridge. Dental Implants offer a feel and look very similar to your own teeth.
- Bridge: A custom-made fixed device anchored to natural teeth, replacing one or more missing teeth. You can restore your oral health and your smile again with a fixed bridge.
- Fillings/Bonding: There are several types of tooth-colored materials that can be used to repair damaged or decayed teeth. Advances in modern dental materials and techniques increasingly offer new ways to create more pleasing, natural-looking smiles.
- Crown: Coverings placed over an existing tooth that has decay or is fractured. Crowns help strengthen, restore and improve the appearance of your natural teeth and give you the beautiful smile you always wanted.
- Veneer: These are used to fill gaps and repair serious chips in teeth. These are made of thin, tooth-like porcelain that is placed over your existing teeth.
- Dentures/Partial Dentures: A full or partial removable appliance that replaces missing teeth.
- Prophy (Cleaning): Whether it’s every 3, 4, or 6 months, you need to have your teeth cleaned. It is very important to keep on schedule.
- Advanced Digital Radiography (Dental X-Rays): Accurate images for teeth are essential for detection of teeth decay, gum disease, infection and many other dental diseases.
- Velscope: An imaging source which is sensitive to tissue changes. It’s used in everyday practice to provide timely information to dentists and hygienists to enable enhanced visualization of abnormal tissues, which is beneficial for patients.
- Invisalign: Clear aligners that are custom-made to gradually straighten your teeth. Straightening your teeth can make a significant difference in having a healthy mouth and keeping your teeth for life.
- Bleaching: Brighter whiter smiles. Whitening your teeth, under the supervision of your dentist, has been proven safe in clinical studies over a period of many years.
- Fluoride: A natural mineral that hardens and protects teeth by neutralizing the acid that causes decay.
- TMJ (Temporomandibular disorders): This condition causes pain and dysfunction of muscle joints in your jaw. Special appliances are very helpful. Learn More »
- Sleep appliances: Stop snoring and sleep better! People who suffer from snoring take in reduced amounts of oxygen and as a result this may cause many debilitating health problems. A small appliance can easily help most patients.
- Periodontal Disease: Is a gum infection, caused by plaque. It affects the tissue and bone that support the teeth. Keeping on a consistent hygiene schedule is key to having more success in maintaining good oral health.
- Periodontal Treatment: Is a silent and serious disease that the sooner you begin treatment the better your chances to get it under control. Our goal is to save you smile.
- Periodontal Maintenance: Helps maintain gum disease over time. Teeth may suffer from bone loss which can cause teeth to be loose or need to be taken out. Treating bone loss early can prevent tooth loss. Regular preventive visits will make his process easier to maintain.
Care for Kids
Care for Kids
Helping kids develop lifelong healthy habits
Three important ways to keep a child’s teeth healthy are regular check ups, fluoride treatments and sealants. Healthy baby teeth lead to proper chewing habits, development of speech, and successful growth of adult teeth.
Regular check ups & cleanings
Baby teeth are just as important as adult teeth. Baby teeth help your child chew and speak. They also give the face it’s shape and hold space open for adult teeth. By taking small steps now, you can help your child have a healthy smile for years to come.
Fluoride helps prevent tooth decay by making the tooth more resistant against acidic materials, including plaque, bacteria and sugars found in your mouth. In children under six years of age, fluoride is vital to the development of permanent teeth, making the teeth more resistant to demineralization. Even in newly erupted teeth, fluoride can prevent demineralization and help reverse early decay.
Ask us about fluoride treatments for your child!
While brushing and flossing are going to keep your teeth clean and healthy on a daily basis, this doesn’t completely clean your teeth in hard to reach places known as pits and fissures. Sealants are the most effective way to “seal out” food particles and plaque that can break down the tooth’s enamel and cause cavities. Sealants can also stop small areas of decay from becoming larger. Studies have shown that properly placed, sealants can even stop decay in enamel.
Sealants are applied by your dentist and the procedure is done quickly and easily. The teeth that will be sealed are cleaned, followed by a special conditioning of the chewing surfaces of the teeth to assure the sealant adheres to the tooth. The sealant is then “painted” onto the tooth enamel, where it bonds directly to the tooth and hardens. Sometimes a special curing light is used to help the sealant harden.
Ask us about whether sealants can put extra power behind your prevention of tooth decay!
Having your child know the importance of keeping their teeth healthy at home and the possible procedures at the dentist may help them be better prepared for their next trip.
Your child can learn more by visiting KidsHealth.org, including:
- causes of bad breath, cavities, and gingivitis
- ways to take care of your teeth at home
- what we did before toothpaste was invented
Helping you maintain a great smile
A confident smile is always noticed. We can help you have the smile you’ve always wanted using our many different cosmetic services. Our goal is to create a healthy and natural smile using innovative methods for tooth and gum restoration.
Our cosmetic dentistry services include:
- Tooth Whitening – This process bleaches, or whitens, the teeth’s appearance. This is typically done when teeth are discolored, stained, or otherwise darkened.
- Cosmetic Veneers – These are used to fill gaps and repair serious chips in teeth. These are made of thin, tooth-like porcelain that is placed over your existing teeth.
- Invisalign® – Invisalign is the premiere invisible brace system that helps straighten and align teeth.
- Composite (Tooth-Colored) Fillings – These high-tech plastics are used in fillings, instead of the older silver-colored materials. Learn More »
- Porcelain Crowns – Coverings placed over an existing tooth that has decay or is fractured. Crowns help strengthen, restore and improve the appearance of your natural tooth.
- Bridge – A custom-made fixed device anchored to natural teeth, replacing one or more missing teeth.
- Metal Free Dentures – These dentures are a significant enhancement over traditional dentures, as they are composed of new high-tech materials that result in more comfort for the wearer.
- Dental Implants (Restorative & Surgical Placement Phase) – Dental implants are the most sophisticated form of tooth replacement and help ensure there is no continuing bone loss after the tooth has been replaced.
- Porcelain & Composite Onlays/Inlays
- Gum Treatment, Cosmetic Recontouring
Restore your smile
Nothing can take the place of a healthy set of teeth, but when disease or an accident ends in tooth loss, it’s good to know you have options for restoring your smile. Dental implants offer a look and feel very similar to your own teeth.
What are implants?
Implants are metal posts or frames that are surgically placed beneath your gums. After placement, the implants act as artificial tooth roots. Replacement teeth, either singular or grouped on a bridge or denture, are then mounted to the implant.
What are the benefits of implants?
One key advantage of implants is the fusing of the post to the jawbone, as this offers a stable support to artificial teeth. The secure fit makes your replacement teeth feel more natural than conventional replacement teeth. Dentures, bridges, or individual teeth mounted to the implants won’t slip or shift in your mouth, making eating and speaking comfortable and convenient.
Are implants the right choice for me?
The clear alternative to braces
Invisalign has been effective in straightening teeth worldwide. Nearly a million people are smiling more thanks to Invisalign.
What are the benefits of having straighter teeth?
- Healthier Gums – Properly positioned teeth are easier to brush and floss than teeth that are crowded, crooked, or spaced too far apart. Properly aligned teeth can help gums “fit” more tightly around them, which may lead to better periodontal (gum) health.
- Easier Cleanings – With maintenance of good oral hygiene, the chances of having plaque retention, tooth decay, or periodontal disease can be reduced.
- Decreased Risk of Abnormal Wear – Properly aligned teeth can be less stressful on the supporting bone jaw joints.
- More Beautiful Smiles – Straightening your teeth with the virtualy invisible Invisalign aligners can make you feel less self-conscious and more confident.
Benefits you can only find with Invisalign
- It’s removable, which promotes good hygiene – You can brush and floss normally, which can help prevent tooth decay and gum disease.
- You can still eat what you want – Because the aligners are removable, you don’t have to worry about what you eat.
- Cleanings are quicker and easier than with traditional orthodontics – There are no brackets or wires to clean around, as with traditional orthodontics.